XUPWUP.NL
Login
Or create an account

Mussel stories

0 Posted 24 Sep 2013
Rick Hendricksen
Administrator
The mussel invasion has begun. You heard it here first. Hide your women, hide your children, for the day of reckoning is upon us.

Those from the waters surrounding "Zeeland", also known as mussels, have started their campaign to overrun the mainland. EVERY MAINLAND.

Our only hope lies in a special battle formation. Many researchers have given their lives to help uncover this strategy, and it truly is our best hope. The formation is called "run in a circle and shout", and involves running in a circle with your hands in the air while shouting like a girl. This appears to confuse the mussels, for reasons yet unknown. Spread the word of this discovery to all who will listen, and always be vigilant. They may strike when you least expect it.
1 Posted 24 Sep 2013
Rick Hendricksen
Administrator
Day 23. The second day after mankind's last stronghold fell. The mussels now control almost the entire world, save for a few isolated groups.

We found out that the mussels are capable of entering a human brain, controlling it from the inside. This makes it impossible to distinguish humans from mussels at first glance. However, all mussel-controlled humans speak with an accent once associated with people from Zeeland. It appears that the mussels have occupied Zeeland since the eighteenth century, or even longer. If you know someone who speaks like that, make sure he does not live to see another day.

I am sorry to inform you that the battle formation, called "run in a circle and shout", was completely useless. We believe a mussel controlled human may have sabotaged early research into mussels.

I hope to broadcast another message soon, but I fear my days are numbered.
2 Posted 25 Sep 2013
Rick Hendricksen
Administrator
Day 24. Today a few mussel scouts found our base. We killed them, but it woud be foolish to think ourselves safe. Their commander will most likely start wondering where his scouts went, so when that time comes we plan to be far away.

Luckily, we also have some good news. Our scouts picked up signs that the mussel lDsmut and his clan declared war on the mussel jmAnguus and his clan. The reason for that is unknown, but we believe we can use the chaos created by the enemy to our advantage. One small problem, however, is that the enemy knows a human group is in the area. This may make it harder for us to escape.

It is possible that the scouts we killed were in the employ of either lDsmut or jmAnguus. However since our location is not in between theirs, it is unlikely they blame their fellow mussels for the death of two scouts.

Given this information, I have faith in our ability to survive this great foe for a few more days. For now.
3 Posted 29 Sep 2013
Rick Hendricksen
Administrator
Almost a week passed since we left our hideout, running from the mussel invaders. It is difficult to believe only so little time has passed. Right after we left, we came across jmAnguus's army and were captured. As a commander, I was brought to jmAnguus's tent, while my people were awaiting their new inhabitants. There, I had a chance to speak with jmAnguus, and found out that lDsmut said jmAnguus was like someone from "de overkant". JmAnguus then declared war, and somehow found himself a great deal of followers.

JmAnguus asked me whether I knew of other hidden human contingents. While I was thinking of a way to convince him of my likeness to "John Snow", a horn sounded. Apparently lDsmut's army arrived out of nowhere, and people were already fighting. Due to the chaos this caused, I managed to flee the command tent and located my people. After punching the guards in the face, I managed to free my people and together we ran for the hills.

To our surprise lDsmut himself was on said hills, accompanied by a large group of mussels on bikes. Of course lDsmut caught us and locked my people up, just like jmAnguus had done only hours ago. Again, I was brought to lDsmut himself, and was allowed to hear him talk of how happy he felt and how we were all stupid to deny ourselves that mussel-provided happiness. Never mind that we would not be the ones feeling happy, it would be the mussel inside of us. Luckily for me, it was already late at night, and lDsmut wanted sleep. I was brought to my people, and failed to fall asleep while hearing the sounds of battle below. In the middle of the night, jmAnguus somehow came out victorious, and was about to assault lDsmut's camp. Again, chaos ensued. This gave me another chance to escape, this time under the cover of darkness.

After that we traveled until midnight and made camp, exhausted. Before dawn we left again, and kept traveling for two more days. Finally, completely exhausted, we took some time to rest and write this report. I do not know what happened to lDsmut or jmAnguus, but their armies should be severely weakened. I hope they choose not to give chase.
4 Posted 04 Oct 2013
Rick Hendricksen
Administrator
Two days after my last report, we were ambushed in the night. For some reason their leader only captured us, and let us travel with them.

Later that day, jlAnda told a very sad story of how he was never accepted among his fellow mussels, and how difficult his life was. He believed that all this was caused by jmAnguus, because he was everything jlAnda ever wanted to be. Add to that jmAnguus's access to large amounts of money, and jlAnda's hatred only grew.

Since jlAnda failed to aquire allies among his fellow mussels, he wanted to recruit humans. We were his first recruits. We told him we would be honored to fight along his side, but of course that is a lie. We intend to sneak out the moment an opportunity presents itself. Meanwhile we will use the facilities in jlAnda's camp, and rest a while. A slight disadvantage is that jlAnda moves back toward jmAnguus and lDsmut, which is who we were running from only days before. Hopefully we can continue fleeing soon.

After spending a few days in jlAnda's camp, we think we might be able to escape soon. JlAnda does not appear to be very respected in his camp, and we think he may fail to keep order if a difficult situation arises. Maybe we can arrange such a situation...
5 Posted 29 Jun 2014
00T00
Global Mod.

To be continued
6 Posted 30 Jun 2014
00T00
Global Mod.

To be continued
7 Posted 01 Jul 2014
00T00
Global Mod.
© Rick Hendricksen